Monday 21 January 2019

STOP BUYING HERBAL MEDICATIONS IN A BUS

Some weeks ago,  I was traveling back and saw a group of people hawking orthodox medicine and I thought I'd seen it all.HERE

  The journey started and I put on my headphones and was trying to rest my head, when I heard people clapping and singing.  I thought the man was the regular prayer leader who normally led the prayers for safety, admonishes the passengers and asked for offerings or pleaded for their ministries to be supported.  The prayers ended and he started talking to the passengers. My headphones were still on, I noticed the lady beside me was bursting out with laughter.  I noticed that he was engaging the crowd. He made jokes about virtually everything. He talked about politics, the church, said some very ancient quotes and adages. I knew something was wrong!  No one just wakes up and decides to crack things as little as a joke to passengers.  He kept on talking and finally talked about health.  He talked about different ailments with very little knowledge on the ailments . He said a whole lot of wrong things and said it very boldly.  He had so much hatred for the orthodox medicine and for the medical physicians. He then brought out a bag.
  He brought out different substances and leaves and claimed to have cures for every form of disease. He also claimed to know how to treat all forms of ulcer and sexually transmitted diseases.  I will be highlighting why most herbal medicines are not to be trusted.
They are not regulated.
  These drugs are not regulated by the necessary regulatory bodies such as NAFDAC and as such are not reliable. In some cases they do have a registration number but the body warns that the claims of the drugs have not been verified.

They are toxic
 The seller had something like methanol and claimed that it could cure tooth pains and decay.  It was to be applied with a cotton wool.  The said substance could clean an ink on a glass very neatly. These chemicals go straight to the liver and are toxic hence causing lots of harm to the people taking the medication.  Also note that the sellers do not talk about the side effects or the drugs interactions with what we eat or drink.
  While we are always seeking for solutions to our various problems, we have to be careful.  Stat hydrated, see your physician today!

1 comment:

Featured post

THE NEW NORM CALLED SEXUAL ABUSE

   Sexual abuse in the last few days has been on the lip of everyone. Why  has it become such a rampant crime?    Sexual abuse ranges from d...